Sunday, March 16, 2014

Baby Food Adventure

I decided while pregnant with Brinley that I would homemake my own baby food. It has been an awesome experience for me. Not only have we already saved a lot of money, but I know its the best for her. Throughout the process I have continually referenced my "Super Baby Food" book, courtesy of my good friend Robin Hartman.
Explained in the book are all the ways to prepare, store and serve your homemade baby food.
Mostly your job is to cut, cook, and store all your food for months at a time. The process takes no time at all and gives you months worth of meals all in about 20 or 30 minutes. My favorite is to steam, puree, and freezer cube all my food. After cooking and puree I place my food in an ice cube tray and freeze, once frozen I pop the cubes out and place into freezer bags to store. So before meal time I grab a cube or 2 out of the freezer and thaw. So easy, and B loves it too!